Well, much like John Wick, the Blues were given an impossible task, to come back from a 3-1 deficit to the 5 time UL champion Houston .45s. After an epic extra inning marathon the Blues now face the Philadelphia Athletics in the ’55 Polaris Classic.
During the regular season the Blues went 2-1 vs the A’s with Octavio Ayala and Pedro Valdes having good starts.
The speculated starting rotation for the Blues:
- SP – Pedro Valdes – was traded from the A’s to the Blues for Arturo Lorenzo
- SP – Octavio Ayala – 3-0 so far in the playoffs with 2.91 ERA
- SP – Matsu Yamanaka – 2-1 and got the W in the game 7 marathon
- SP – Masuhiro Yamada – no wins but 2 solid starts vs Houston, 2.70 ERA
The batting order is set up (vs LHP) to be:
- 2B – Sukenobu Shibata Jr.
- CF – Jesse Ferguson
- 1B – Gary Kelly
- 3B – Adrian Vargas
- LF – Norm Jones
- RF – Ricky Burnett
- SS – Jorge Valenzuela
- C – Miguel Salinas
The A’s went through 2 dynamos to reach the final. The Blues scored 21 fewer runs in the regular season and allowed 86 more runs. It will be a tough task, but after the UL championship these Blues believe anything can happen.
Good Luck Robbie!